Oxygen Therapy Administration
This course is suitable for qualified first aiders, emergency first aiders, dental practitioners and care professionals, nurses and other healthcare professionals that work in an environment where oxygen equipment is available.
The course qualifies learners in administering oxygen safely and effectively to casualties that are experiencing breathing difficulties. Learners will learn how and when to administer oxygen, as well as the safety considerations with this type of equipment.
What will you cover?
- Benefits of oxygen therapy
- Indications for the use of oxygen
- Contraindications prohibiting the use of oxygen
- Dangers of using compressed gas
- Health and safety for the use, storage, and handling of oxygen
- Operational checks
- When oxygen therapy is required
- Administer oxygen using the required flow rate for non re-breather masks; and bag, valve and mask
- Administer oxygen to a patient following agreed practices
Assessment & Certificate
The assessment takes place continually over the course and determines your knowledge, skills and understanding of the use of oxygen therapy. A range of assessment methods are used including; practical and an end of course question paper (open and multiple-choice questions). The qualification itself is valid for three years from the date of assessment.
In order to renew this qualification learners will need to re-take the initial course. It is recommended that learners should attend annual refresher training to ensure your skills and knowledge are kept up to date.