National Pool Supervisor Qualification
The National Pool Supervisor Qualification (NPSQ) is a two-day course aimed at staff responsible for supervising lifeguards and managing essential health and safety within a leisure centre or swimming pool environment.
- This course will enhance your knowledge of why Risk Assessments, PSOP’s and Safe Systems of Work are in place to ensure a safe work environment, for both staff and customers.
- Gives you a basic understanding of the laws and industry guidelines that you and your team need to comply with.
- Helps you understand how to manage your team and provide feedback.
- An ideal course for newly appointed Leisure Supervisors or Duty Managers.
The NPSQ is suitable for Lifeguards wishing to progress in their career or for employers wanting to upskill their employees to manage lifeguards, team members and essential health and safety.
What will you cover?
- Law, policy and procedures relating to areas of responsibility in swimming pool environments
- Principles of induction and policy relating to practice in pool environments
- Standards, roles and responsibilities when working with and supporting teams
- Roles and responsibilities in emergency situations within a pool environment
Assessment & Certificate
The NPSQ assessment takes place at the end of the course and determines your knowledge via a multiple-choice exam paper.
Once gaining the NPSQ it is valid for three years from the assessment date. You must renew your qualification within its period of validity.